Wednesday 14 March 2012

Domestic Matters


What is actually going on in this house?
I don’t want to hear any noise from any mouse
Where the hell is my food?
I hope you prepared it good
Who has taken my sandal?
Bring it before I make it a scandal

Darling the children are sleeping
They have been in an all-night wake-keeping
Waiting for you, their dad
But it is so sad
That you always come back barking
Look at how you are alcohol-reeking

Sweetheart, I think it is time you stop preaching
And preferably do some teaching
What do you have there? Is it not whisky?
I have told you always it is risky
I am not ready to lose you now
Why don’t you always want to bow?

Ah! Look at the person talking of risk
Each time I tell you same, you are brusque
Thank heavens you want to sleep
Because the next thing would have been a whip
And there you go as usual, groaning
Why don’t you continue with your moaning? 

What have I not done to keep my husband home?
At times because of alcohol you won’t even come
You asked for food, which I kept on the table
And now for you to eat, you are unable
If not of the children it would have been through
Anyhow, I don’t bother, you give the dough 

Oh my! Oh my! So you thought I was already asleep
So your loving me is ‘cos I assure your upkeep?
I now know the devil I have in the name of a wife
I feel as if I have been pierced with a knife
My world seems to be tumbling over
I think I need to look for a cover  ...

                     To be continued
DSM Lobga


No comments:

Post a Comment